Monday, September 9, 2013

Politics From My Point of View


 Today, the 9th of September is the day to cast the ballot. It is parliament elections. Everywhere in the country people use their right to vote. They may vote for the liberals or the conservatives, or maybe just something in the middle. Unfortunately you have to be 18 years to go to the polls, and I'm not :(. There are still two years until I can vote.

This evening people will sit up and stare at the television while the votes get counted up. Many people want to see the moment when we get to know who "wins". It is quite exciting to see who gets a seat in the parliament in the end. This is called in Norwegian: valgvake. In my house we like to make: valgkake, which means "election cake". This obviously sounds much more cool in Norwegian than in English.

In the first place I'm not a member of any political parties, not yet, but maybe I will sometime. I don't know for sure which party I prefer the most, but I would like to clarify that I'm more red than blue. I actually wish I were more into politics than I am, but I think I know the reason why I'm not. It is often quite hard to understand what different parties mean, and what they fight for. If a politician gets a question, he or she would in mostly every situation answer something that has nothing to do with the question. That makes it difficult to understand if I agree with them or not. I just hope I get satisfied with the new parliament.





The cake <3
- Mathilde

No comments:

Post a Comment