Thursday, September 5, 2013

Me And My...Life

Before I start on this blog for real, I would like to write a short resume of me and my... life.

My name is Mathilde Bjørnseth. I'm a Norwegian girl, born in Scotland (Aberdeen) the 9th of October 1997. The year after, I moved to Stavanger in Norway with my parents.
I have lived in Trondheim for four years, but now I live in Stavanger again. I like to spend my spare time being with friends, playing the guitar, singing, dancing and so on. And I must not forget to tell you that I love traveling. To see new places is just so inspiring. Meeting people with other cultures, languages and often a total different way of living.

I go to school at Bjergsted, which is a Norwegian upper secondary school or high school. Bjergsted is a school of music, dance and theatre. My main subject is music.  I sing, and I hope to get better, to develope and learn a lot more about using my voice. We are not just learning about music in this school (unfortunately). We also study mathematics, English, Spanish, Norwegian and science.

In the English classes we currently study learning strategies, which is kind of interesting actually, believe it or not. We've been learning about cognitive strategies (when you use repetition, take notes and do exercises), metacognitive strategies (when you discussing tasks and assessing your own level and what you are good at), social strategies (when you work together with others “teamwork”, if you talk to native speakers of English, you use the social strategy) and even more. I find it quite hard to understand which strategy is the best for me to use, but I know I do learn a lot talking with other people, and writing essays. The social strategy does often work for me.




- Mathilde

No comments:

Post a Comment